Learn everything you need to become a competent, ethical Animal Reiki Practitioner, from the world’s leading Animal Reiki expert, Kathleen Prasad.
If you are at least Reiki 1 certified in any lineage and you had to choose just ONE course to take in Animal Reiki, this is the course that will truly transform your practice! You’ll learn a new way to approach animals with Reiki, very different from human Reiki’s approach, that animals resonate with and respond to. With Kathleen’s support, the lessons, meditations and creative and fun assignments will show you the most successful, ethical way to share Reiki with animals. If you follow Kathleen’s advice, you’ll be able to practice Animal Reiki with the confidence that you’re honoring animals and the competence to troubleshoot difficult situations effectively.
This course is divided into 5 lessons. Each Monday for 5 weeks, you will receive an mp3 audio via wetransfer.com in addition to a .pdf with the lesson information and instructions. At the end of each lesson, there is a suggested Reiki practice and assignment for you to do. This practice is designed to help you deepen your own understanding of how Reiki heals animals, and how animals respond to treatment. The assignment is designed as a creative way for you to express your biggest “takeaway” lesson from each week. Once Kathleen has received all five of your assignments, she will send you your certificate via email. You’ll also be invited to join SARA, The Shelter Animal Reiki Association as a Practitioner member. This is a wonderful honor to be able to join this professional association, since it is not open to the public, but only to Kathleen’s students and student’s students.
It is also suggested that students join the Animal Reiki Talk, the first Tuesday of each month, from 6-7PM Pacific time. This is a great time to share your experiences and ask questions, hear the experiences of others, etc.
The lessons in this course are so rich, you’ll find yourself re-reading and re-listening to them again and again as you put Kathleen’s advice to practice. Kathleen also suggests starting an “Animal Reiki Journal” to keep track of your experiences. This journal will be invaluable to your animal Reiki journey! Here is a fun journal you might want to get: the “Be Reiki Pawprint” Journal available from the Animal Reiki Source Cafepress store:
Curriculum – Lesson 1:
- Goal and Overview
- The Approach, And A Few Golden Rules to Keep in Mind
- Assignment: Create a symbol and description
- Considerations before you begin treatment; Communicating with humans about what an animal Reiki treatment is and is not
- Assignment: Vision Board
- Staying Positive
- The healing ripple effect
- Building a healing partnership suggestions:
- The treatment space
- Length of treatment
- Introducing yourself/setting intention
- Assignment: Reiki partner discussion/feedback: Affirmations and Introductory Practices
- Signs of Acceptance
- Hands-on Treatments
- How to tell if an animal doesn’t want treatment
- Assignment: Three Photos w/Captions
- Healing Reactions
- Ending and After Treatment
- Suggested Treatment Programs
- Suggestions for Practitioner Excellence
- Special Issues:
- Wild Animals
- Dying Animals
- Other modalities
- Volunteering at Shelters and Sanctuaries
- Assignment: Spiritual Sculpture, Final Contemplation