World Animal Reiki Day: Join the movement!
Mark your calendars: World Animal Reiki Day is February 5, 2016! This special day, organized by me and the volunteer members of my Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA), is a wonderful opportunity for all of us to help make a better future for the animals in our world. And what better way to bring people together to honor animals than through peace, healing and compassion?
There are so many ways to celebrate! Here are just a few ideas. You can:
- Light a candle to honor your animal teachers.
- Sit in silent Reiki meditation with your animals.
- Perform an act of kindness or compassion for your local shelter or sanctuary.
- Share your special messages and photos on the SARA Facebook page.
- Tweet messages and pics using the hashtag #WorldAnimalReikiDay.
- Organize an animal Reiki event in your local community via workshops, radio interviews, school visits and the like.
- Join me at BrightHaven in California from noon – 3 p.m. on February 5 for a special World Animal Reiki Day event. Email me for more details.
- Join me on Google+ for a live message of healing and light for the global Reiki community (details to follow on my website and Facebook page).
- Enter my Facebook photo contest starting February 1 (watch our SARA Facebook page for details), and win a free treatment with me or signed copies of my books.
- Rock the World Animal Reiki Day T-shirt.
- Say “Happy World Animal Reiki Day!” just for fun throughout the day anytime anyone says hi!
World Animal Reiki Day is celebrated on February 5 to honor Dakota Prasad, the special puppy I rescued in 1992 from animal control. Dakota was my best friend, my first animal Reiki teacher and the inspiration behind SARA. You can see how special Dakota was in this memorial tribute video:
Thank you for joining us on this special day of love and compassion for animals. Tell me, how will you be celebrating World Animal Reiki Day?