The best holiday gift ideas for animal lovers
I love the holiday season; it’s one of my favorite times of year. If you’re still shopping for the perfect gift for your animal-loving friends and family (as I am), check out my best picks for any budget:
1. An artful animal pillow to dress their living room or bedroom ($30; order by December 10).
2. A species adoption kit from the WWF of their favorite animal, like this polar bear, which includes a stuffed animal, an adoption certificate, a photo, an educational species card and a gift bag ($55).
3. Adopt a whale from the Oceanic Society ($60) or splurge on naming a whale in their honor ($1,000); includes a photo and email updates of their whale. Here’s a photo of Dragon, a female humpback whale available for adoption.
4. The Watcher: Jane Goodall’s Life With the Chimps, a picture book to inspire kids and grownups alike ($15).
5. A Zen frog statue to make her smile before her daily meditation ($22).
6. Farm Sanctuary’s 2015 calendar, filled with stunning photos and heartful stories of their animal ambassadors ($18).
7. Inspring new nonfiction for their bedside or briefcase, such as Do Unto Animals: A Friendly Guide to How Animals Live, and How We Can Make Their Lives Better ($14).
8. A sweet set of penguin Zen mugs to warm their heart on chilly mornings ($48, set of four).
9. A stunning watercolor print of their favorite animal, from artist Slaveika Aladjova ($25).
Happy shopping! And just as a reminder, when shopping on Amazon this year, please use “Amazon Smile” to donate 0.5% of qualifying purchases to the Shelter Animal Reiki Association. Thank you!
Don’t miss last week’s installment: Ultimate holiday gift guide for dog and cat lovers.
What holiday gift ideas for animal lovers would you add?
You can learn more about Kathleen here.
Latest posts by Kathleen Prasad (see all)
- My Top 12 Tips for Getting Through Breast Cancer Treatment - December 22, 2018
- 3 Ways to Honor Your Departed Animal with Reiki - November 13, 2018
- Reiki Symbols and Mantras for Animal Reiki Practice - August 28, 2018