I got to pet a super soft koala bear for the first time this week while visiting Featherdale Wildlife Park in Sydney, Australia. This trip Down Under—seeing the native wildlife, helping shelter cats and teaching Reiki classes—has allowed me the opportunity to slow down a little and reflect on the vital role animals have played in my career and life. I’m so grateful for all of the lessons they’ve taught me through the years, and all of the heartful connections I’ve been able to make. So as my Aussie trip winds down, I’m reminded of my favorite, most inspiring quotes about animals. I’ve always loved the sentiments behind these 12 quotations (do they make you smile, too?):
Posts Tagged ‘Australia’
Here’s a wonderful nonprofit animal shelter I’d like to share with you today: the Cat Protection Society in Australia. I can’t wait to see the cats (and hopefully some of you) at my special one-day workshop at this shelter next Monday (click here for more info).
Cat Protection Society, which has been rescuing and rehoming cats since 1958, does such amazing work. Here are some fun facts about this wonderful shelter for cats:
BASED IN: Newtown, New South Wales, Australia
As this week winds down, here are a few things I’m feeling gratitude for today. …
1. My passport (but not the photo on it—haha) and the many adventures we take. I can’t wait until Australia next year! I’ll be speaking at the ARC 2015 International Reiki Conference in Sydney, along with William Rand, and many others. Please join us if you can!
2. Warm blueberry pancakes on a Saturday morning. Homemade is usually best (and lately I’m trying to go gluten-free), but I love how quick and easy breakfast becomes when using Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Pancake mix. A sprinkling of chocolate chips makes it even sweeter. (I like to use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao chips.)
3. Long cuddles with my dog, Mystic.
4. The heart-stopping views of Mt. Tam from my office window. No matter how busy I get, I always find the view so calming and I never tire of it.
5. My acupuncturist, Lynette. I can’t tell you how many times she has helped me to feel so much better during these tough times with my health. She works out of Marin Family Acupuncture and I highly recommend her.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend. What are you grateful for today?