The Sanctuary is a 148-acre refuge in New York’s Hudson Valley for eleven species of farmed animals rescued from cruelty, neglect, and abandonment. Thanks to the generosity of people like you, over 4,000 animals have been rescued since 2001. Between 250 and 350 residents call the Sanctuary home at any given time.
We believe that looking an animal in the eye and seeing someone — not something — looking back is one of the most profound shifts human beings can make in their understanding of the world and their place in it. And so they welcome visitors through tours, overnight stays, and events.
As the very best way to end animal suffering, improve health, and heal the ailing planet, Catskill Animal Sanctuary advocates veganism and provides support and encouragement through a culinary program.
This class includes:
- Discussion and practice in the traditional Japanese techniques for Levels I, II and III and how to share them with animals
- Learning the 4th Symbol and Mantra (as well as review of the first 3 Symbols and Mantra) and how to use them with animals
- The Reiki Master Initiation/Reiju
- Instruction and Practice in how to perform Initiations and Reiju
- How to share Reiki ethically and for the best success with animals
- Discussion of the Animal Reiki Practitioner Code of Ethics and its importance to your work as an Animal Reiki Master Teacher
- Instruction on creating successful lesson plans for your students
- Professional Certificate of Completion
- A private 90-minute tour of the sanctuary
- Delicious vegan lunches, served on-site each day
- A special class dinner on Tuesday evening
Location and Directions:
Stay on-site and explore the grounds at your leisure:
There are also several hotels close by, including the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Kingston-Ulster:
During your stay, lunches will be served on-site on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Our group dinner on Tuesday is also included in your tuition.
Your tuition fee also includes a 90-minute guided tour on our first day!
More adorable residents: