- This event has passed.
Seasonal Series: Winter Wellbeing Workshop
February 10, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday, February 10, 2018
3:00 – 5:00 pm PT
An intimate and interactive workshop about animal wellness, focused primarily toward dogs, led by two dynamic and seasoned teachers, in a brand-new healing center in San Diego.
THIS SEASON’S WORKSHOP WILL FOCUS ON:
• Winter into Fall — a time of regrowth
• The Kapha Dosha (1 of the 3 mind/body types)
• Animal Reiki Meditation (energy work)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• A deep understanding of how and why holistic practices can dramatically improve your dog’s behavior and health
• Hands-on methods to boost your dog’s immune system and build their confidence
• The basics of Ayurveda and how it helps us meet the physical and mental needs of our unique dog
• Ayurvedic solutions to staying in balance through this particular season
• An introduction to the practice of Animal Reiki Meditation as a specific method to support you and your dogs to heal together.
You’ll learn how to begin the healing process and support:
– emotional healing issues such as anxiety/fear or past trauma
– physical healing of illness/injuries or chronic problems for seniors
– spiritual comfort and peace during the dying process
*The brand-new veterinary office of Dr. Tomas Nespor!*
East and West Animal Hospital
750 S. Rancho Santa Fe Road
San Marcos (North County San Diego), CA 92078
Limited seating available – and we’re not just saying that 😉
$32 per person
Each ticket includes:
• Admission to the 2hr workshop
• Educational handouts
• A Dog Dosha Consultation call including balancing tips for your unique dog
• The Healing Bridge Meditation: a downloadable 20-minute Animal Reiki guided meditation
EDUCATOR / HOST
Amanda Ringnalda, the founder of Sama Dog, has studied and worked closely with Deepak Chopra since 2006. She’s expanded her holistic teachings of meditation, yoga and Ayurveda to include companion animals. She shares this knowledge and experience through her organization called Sama Dog via workshops, classes, private consultations and online education. Learn more about Amanda Ree’s work at SamaDog.com
CO-EDUCATOR / SPECIAL GUEST
Kathleen Prasad is founder of Animal Reiki Source and president of the Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA). A Reiki practitioner for 20 years, Kathleen teaches and shares the healing benefits of Reiki meditation for animals and their caregivers. Kathleen’s teachings, based on traditional Japanese Reiki techniques and thousands of hours of Animal Reiki experience in the field, represent the world’s first specialized, extensive and professional curriculum in animal Reiki. For more information please visitAnimalReikiSource.com or ShelterAnimalReikiAssociat
FAQ BELOW >>>
OTHER QUESTIONS, CONTACT US:
WHAT IS THE “SEASONAL SERIES”??
Sama Dog is presenting a Seasonal Series of three (3) workshops throughout 2018.
Each class will offer knowledge about Ayurveda for Dogs, as well as other healing modalities, presented by Amanda Ree and a specially-selected guest speaker/educator.
DO YOU HAVE TO ATTEND ALL 3 OF THE WORKSHOPS?
Some people may want to attend all 3 workshops to round out their knowledge, yet attendees will receive great benefit from attending a single class.
All 3 workshops in the Seasonal Series will be held in the San Diego area. For now, tickets and information is available for the first workshop in the series.
DO WE BRING OUR DOGS TO THE CLASS?
Some Sama Dog events include all our dogs and some don’t. In this particular workshop series, we invite service dogs only. One or two of Amanda’s dogs will also be in attendance for demonstration purposes.
WHY IS IT ABOUT THE SEASONS?
Ayurveda, the wellness “sister-science” to yoga and meditation, teaches us to align ourselves (and our dogs) with nature and seasonal rhythms.
With this in mind, this workshop series is designed to give you an understanding of what’s needed to keep you and your dog in balance through the different times of year.
The guest speaker at each, who is a top practitioner of holistic healing for animals, will also apply their speciality to the needs of the season.
WHEN ARE THE OTHER WORKSHOPS IN 2018?
Save the dates! The 2 future workshops are planned for Saturdays 6/2/18 and 9/22/18. Both will be held in the San Diego area. More info will be provided as soon as it’s made available.