5 ways to give back this Thanksgiving
First, dear friends, I want to wish you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Are you staying close to home this year or traveling? I will be spending a cozy afternoon with my family at my parents’ house. My mom always cooks up an amazing feast.
With Thanksgiving just a day away, I got to thinking about the different ways we can give back and show our thanks this year …
1. Save a turkey. It costs just $30 to sponsor a turkey this Thanksgiving, thanks to Farm Sanctuary’s special Adopt-a-Turkey Project. The photos and bios of the turkeys available for adoption are guaranteed to warm your heart.
2. Visit an animal shelter with your kids, nieces and nephews, or grandchildren. The animals always appreciate visitors, and it’s a great way to encourage giving back at a young age.
3. Write a handwritten letter or card to a parent, friend or other loved one thanking them for something thoughtful and kind they’ve done for you.
4. Offer a free Reiki treatment to your vet or local shelter or sanctuary.
5. Donate to your favorite animal charity, shelter or sanctuary. It doesn’t have to be money (though they love cash!). Other helpful items include gift cards to a pet store, rope toys and chews, laundry detergent and bleach, paper towels, newspaper and hand sanitizer. If you’re not sure, most shelters offer wish lists of needed items.
What about you? I’d love to hear how you’re showing thanks or being thankful this holiday.
You can learn more about Kathleen here.
Latest posts by Kathleen Prasad (see all)
- Healing Equine Trauma with The Let Animals® Lead method - November 10, 2019
- Holding Space with the Let Animals Lead® Method - October 30, 2019
- Be Kind to Others…Even on Social Media - October 14, 2019
Trackback from your site.